Whirfloc consists of carrageenan polymers that have large negatively charged molecules which achieve clarity by bonding with positively charged wort proteins, lipids & glucans, forming tightly bound electrically neutral aggregates. These aggregates sediment out of the wort rapidly to form a dense compact trub.
- Improves clarity of wort & beer.
- Increases wort recovery.
- Improves beer stability by removal of haze forming proteins & beta-glucans.
- Shortens fermentation time.
- Improves trub separation.
- Helps to precipitate copper & iron from solution.
- Dust free granules come in a stand up ziplock pouch for safe & easy handling.
Add half a tablet for a 23L batch, directly to the kettle 10 minutes before end of boil.
Store in a cool dry place.